Pupil Support – Pastoral Care
The Pupil support team involves a number of staff who have responsibility to ensure pastoral care for all pupils in Lornshill Academy. They are the first point of contact for parents who are concerned about their child’s progress or wellbeing. The Pupil Support team work in collaboration with all pupils, parents/carers, partner agencies and staff to ensure that all pupils are safe, happy and achieving their full potential. Monitoring, encouraging and supporting our pupils throughout their secondary education at Lornshill Academy will enable them to become confident individuals, responsible citizens, effective contributors and successful learners.
Aims of pupil support/pastoral care:-
* All individual pupils known personally by at least one key member of staff.
* Assists pupils with their academic progress, monitoring and tracking individual pupil performance across all subjects and providing support when required.
* Using GIRFEC principles, helping to identify appropriate support strategies to assis pupils with any social, emotional, behavioural or physical difficulties they may be experiencing.
* Point of contact for communication with home (meetings, phone calls, letters).
* Deliver key aspects of Personal Support curriculum.
* Link with partner agencies – health, social work, careers.
* Completion of reports/reference for college, university, external agencies, employers.
* Assist with UCAS application (personal statement).
* Course choice interviews for S2 and seniors. S2 Course Choice parents evening on 21st November 2016.